Why you should avoid too many flight comparison
One of the best way to tap on the best deals on flight tickets is to compare before you book. Many a times there are deals given by travel booking website like Expedia or MakeMyTrip such as cash back discounts etc. While this is good practice, it’s also important to understand that these flight search engine has some kind of intelligent bots. So if you are doing too many searches and especially at multiple booking site, they intelligently hike the fare.
I myself have experienced it twice and in one such instance the flight tickets were hiked as much as 50k on a business class ticket. The effect of this hike will be felt at all the sites and there is no option other than booking at inflated price.
So what to do.
A few thing you can take care.
- Stick to one site while making your searches. E.g. I like cleartrip and ixigo.
- Don’t proceed for booking unless you are absolutely sure that you will be booking the same flight. We normally tend to proceed for booking to see the details such as where the coupon code will be applied or sometimes just to see flight details (timing etc).
- Check out other websites for deals available. Normally there are separate pages for deals and offers. You don’t have to search your flight to get these. E.g cleartrip is offering up to 8k cash back on international flight.
- If you still need to search, try searching on different dates other than your original planned dates. It will still give you a comparative idea.
- Once you identify the best deals and airline and the best itinerary for your travel then only you should go ahead with booking
Enjoy your best deals and your vacation. Happy tripping.