Getting Married: Top 5 places for pre wedding photo shoots in Delhi
Guest Post By Ashutosh Sharma
The concept of pre wedding shoots is fairly nascent in our country but Delhi has always been way ahead of the rest of the country. The newly hitched and soon-to-be hitched couples are on a constant look out for beautiful, romantic and dreamy locales. The trouble is who has the time to run to Taj Mahal, or Jaipur or Kasauli just for 50 clicks. This is why we have complied this list for the rushed couples who are looking for a pre wedding photo shoot location in Delhi.
1. Hauz Khaas Village: The fact that this particular place is so easily accessible makes it one of our favorites. Add to that the old age charm to it and a beautiful lake and you’ve got all the requirements for the perfect romantic pre wedding shoot. You can walk down the narrow lanes holding hands with your soon to be, or stand right in front of a wacky graffiti, so just gaze in to the distance sitting by the lake, and click click click; you have the perfect album to make you friends go “Ahhh… Ohhh!”
2. Lodhi Garden: Now who doesn’t like flowers and that perfect green grass and those swing-able trees? Lodhi Garden gives you all that and more. It’s big, so the possibility of someone coming into the frame is close to zero. You and your photographer can get there early morning and catch that perfect light of the sun and your pictures will have the romance that only the Bard can describe.
3. Westin Resort, Sohna : Now this may work out to be a tad bit expensive but it’s the perfect spot for a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big city to just go and relax. It is a spa resort so you truly can have a relaxing weekend with your significant half. Then have big gardens, the perfect pink bougainvillea trees, a quite pool, and cute hut-like rooms which all make the picture perfect backgrounds.
4. Humayun’s Tomb : This is right next to the Dilli Hatt market and if you get there at the right time you might just be the only ones in the vast grounds of the tomb. It’s quite, it’s romantic, it’s serene, it’s a perfect background for all you sepia and black and white toned picture lovers. The huge doors capture the sunlight at just the perfect angle, letting in just the right amount of light. The reddish brown color of the structure, the green of the gardens and the blue of the sky make pictures look stunning.
5. Safdarjung Railway Station: This is one of those locations that people don’t know much about and don’t visit to often. I myself chanced upon it unexpectedly. Strangely this station is exceptionally clean in comparison to the New Delhi railway station. It is small but the paint job is amazing. Usage of colors like bright blue for benches, vivid green for the tin shed and intense red for the pillars makes this place a perfect venue for bright and fun pictures. If you are lucky you might just see the Maharaja Express parked there and you could go for the typical Bollywood DDLJ pose too. The old school charm of wooden benches and doors with dead bolts make it a picturesque place.
So now that you have your options, get moving, go check them out, get clicked and don’t forget to share your pictures with us. Happy Posing and Happy Wedding!
About the Author:
Ashutosh Sharma is photographer by passion. He strive to recreate the beauty of the moment through his photographs. That bubble just before it burst, that smile just before it vanished, that sky just before the sunset. You can visit him at Ashutosh Sharma Images