Hop on to Low airline fares and how to make the most of it
This year there has been multiple occasion, that price war between the airlines has given much needed cheer to the flyers around the country. Today itself, spicejet, Indigo and Go Air has launched their special holi celebration offer where they are offering huge discounts on early booking. So grab them before they are gone. Here’s few tips to get the best of airline fares promotion from my past experience
1. Remember This is Book first Plan Later holiday: Normally people plan their holiday before they book their tickets and holidays. But in this case it’s the other way around. Their are chances that you may have to cancel your tickets and holidays in which case the money is lost. The below points will be important to make it easy for you.
2. Know your Holiday duration: The first thing you should do before you jump on to book your ticket is the duration for which you want to holiday. 3 days, 5 days, 7 days or more. This will help you plan your return flight ticket dates. Again it’s not easy to plan at the last minute but knowing how long you would want to go helps you plan at a later stage.
3. Pick a region as your destination and not a place: One of the important thing for such holiday is to pick a region where you want to holiday. This will make things easy both during booking and planning later. This also gives you flexibility to choose places to visit when you start to plan after you booked your tickets. e.g. Kerala, North East etc.
4. Keep a few destination on your mind: Be flexible, sometime you may not get better deals for a particular destination in which case you may want to explore the next destination on your mind.
5. Be Ready: As soon you get to know the offers, jump on it and book your flight. Don’t loose time as these fares gets sold quickly
6. Open to Travel dates: Be flexible, Usually the fares over the weekend and fares in the early part of travel windows gets sold first. Try different combination of dates before you book them.
7. Fly to less known destination: The first destination sold out is Goa, so if you are willing to go to less known and happening destination, choose them. e.g. Fly to chennai, so you can visit Pondicherry instead of Goa.
8. Fly to nearby Airports: If you plan to visit a few places in a region, identify nearby airports. Sometime flying to nearby airports may be cheaper and then you can hire a car to visit destinations in the region. This way you may not always save money but you can visit more places without increasing cost significantly.
9. Make it a connecting flight: If you plan to travel international, specially to South-East Asia, AirAsia provide plethora of option to fly out from Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai and kochi. So fly out to these destination making an advantage of low cost fare offering and hence making it connecting flight.
So check out the web and hop on to these low fares to make the most of it. If you have some more tips feel free to comment…