Why I recommend Nokia here maps for your next trip.
It’s been long since my last post. After my Trip to Spain and Portugal, i have been keeping busy with my work commitments. More on that trip later but a small post on Nokia Here Maps, which came very handy in planning as well as using during the trip. This has both online and offline version and greatest thing is you can save point of interest in various collection. These collection sync seamless between mobile and desktop web version. Below are some of the benefits of using it.
1. As mentioned earlier, it has both online and offline version. So you can choose to download map set if you want to save data cost.
2. Has turn by turn Navigation and voice guidance in multiple language.
3. Use Collection to organize point of interest. Your favorite restaurant, or hotel or tourist places. This came very handy on my trip as i used these to navigate to these points while driving.
4. Sync your collection between desktop and Mobile version. This helps you plan your trip like places to visit etc on your desktop and use them on mobile while on the trip. Apparently names of places get confusing when you are not a resident of country and not used to such naming convention. So planning on a desktop version is very easy.
5. You can drive to exact POI rather than a place. I used google maps and Garmin earlier. While google is great, it doesn’t come handy when you are offline, and by default it searches in order of nearby places. So when you are looking for a hotel with a similar name in a distant city you are driving, it doesn’t always give correct result. As far as Garmin goes, it’s POI search sucks.
6. Places in Here maps are very well-organized into various categories. Like “Eat and Drink”, “Shopping”, “Going Out” etc. This makes easy to search and plan
7. If you online, then feel free to use traffic feature.
8. All this is free, so you always gets the latest maps worldwide. So no need to pay for GPS while renting cars, or annual map upgrade etc.