Gujarat – Where the Rann Rides
Gujarat is a vibrant state. From the Modern cities to the beautiful landscape and ecosystem of Kutch to the unique Marine National Park where you can walk to witness coral life without ever having to dive into the sea. This truly makes Gujarat a destination to visit.
The major attraction of Gujarat for every traveller comes in the form of Rann of Kutch which is a seasonal salt marshland located in the western tip of Gujarat. Every year in the month of December the state organises Kutch festival which showcases it’s unique marshland and culture around it.
1. Roads in Gujarat are pretty good and drive is well mannered.
2. Follow traffic rules.
3. Always overtake from right.
4. Pack with lots of water and food. This is specially when you drive towards Kutch since there are very few dhabas.
5. If possible take a GPS, at places nearby Little Rann of Kutch and Great Rann Of Kutch, you won’t probably find people to give direction.
6. If you are looking to visit places like India bridge etc, you will need permit. They are available at DSP office at Bhuj near Jublee Ground.(it’s closed Sundays, and every second and fourth Saturday).
7. Permit to visit places like White Rann can also be obtained at Police Outpost at Bhirandiyari (opens around 10 AM).
8. Do carry photocopies of ID proof of all the members visiting Kutch region.